Now youâ€™ve gone and done it. Youâ€™ve come across a list so enormous, so useful, and so awesome, our futile attempts to describe it have been lost in the tubes of cyberspace.
So put down your barbeque, send out another huge thanks to our men and women in uniform, and limber up your scrolling finger â€” itâ€™s a big one.
If you dig the uber-list, be sure to send some comments our way down below!
- HOW TO: Disable Facebookâ€™s â€œInstant Personalizationâ€ [PRIVACY]New menus on the Facebook home page this week took users by surprise, and left many concerned about the privacy implications of being suddenly more â€œconnectedâ€ to their favorite sites and interests. If youâ€™re looking for ways to opt out of these new features, this guide will show you how.
- HOW TO: Spring Clean Your Twitter AccountAn untended Twitter feed can quickly become overgrown with useless tweets and dead weight users. These great tools will help you streamline your Twitter account in no time.
- How Freelancers are Using Social Media for Real ResultsSocial media can be a boon for those who make their living gig-to-gig. Sheer networking is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to landing work via the social web. We spoke to freelancers in a variety of fields to find out how they make it happen.
- 9 Essential Social News and Bookmarking Sites for Designers
The design community is always hungry for content, inspiration, and tutorials. These nine networks are a great place to discover and share creative resources.
- 4 Ways One Non-Profit Uses Location to Increase Engagement
The National Wildlife Federation has been getting creative with their social media awareness campaigns, particularly when it comes to location-based technologies. This post discusses some of their innovations.
- Tim Ferriss: 7 Great Principles for Dealing with Haters
For all the personal connections and open sharing done on social networks, youâ€™ll always find a fair share of scathing negativity. Tim Ferriss, author of The Four Hour Work Week, gave a talk at The Next Web â€˜10 event in Amsterdam, and had these seven points to share on the subject.
- Gowalla CEO Talks About the Future of Social Media [INTERVIEW]
We sat down with Josh Williams to discuss the origins of his location-based network, and what current trends in the space mean for the future.
- 5 Free Services for Pre-Scheduling Your Twitter Updates
Whether for marketing purposes, event promotion, or just keeping your account fresh while youâ€™re on vacation, a tweet scheduler can be a handy tool. Check out these five great ones, all of them free.
- How Twitterâ€™s New Media Blog Aims To Teach By Example
Twitterâ€™s new blog highlights news organizations with smart Twitter integration in the hope of becoming a resource for the media. We spoke with Twitter about their strategies and goals.
- Top 10 LEGO Movie Tributes on YouTube
Those stop-motion goodies are back, this time reenacting our favorite flicks in all their colorful plastic glory.
- Top 10 YouTube Cover Songs
For better or worse, YouTube has become the ultimate repository of musical tributes. From guys in their bedrooms, to a capella cleverness, to guitar-wielding toddlers, this hand-picked list highlights some of the best around.
- 5 Ways to Support World Malaria Day Online
The fight to end malaria in the developing world has become a rallying cause on the social web. Check out these five easy ways you can make a difference online.
- How Non-Profits are Using Social Media for Real Results
Social media has become an essential tool for non-profits in their efforts to spread awareness and raise funds. Check out some real-world examples of how some organizations have put the social web to good use.
- Why Content Curation Is Here to Stay
At times, content creators and content curators have been at odds. But the sheer volume of â€œstuffâ€ and noise on the web has made curation essential. This post discusses the status of the curator on todayâ€™s social web.
- Social Enterprise: 5 Tips for Getting Execs on Board
Thereâ€™s no longer much question about whether corporations need to be engaged in social media, but convincing the head honchos of the value can be challenging. We spoke to some of the top names in social strategy and got some great tips on bringing the boardroom up to speed.
Another great set of useful Social Media site from our friends at Mashable. If you liked this, please leave me a comment below.